Choosing to learn more about emotions is one of the most powerful things you can do! Children and adults can feel big emotions and oftentimes wonder how to identify, understand, and manage them. These cards can be a great tool in that emotion-ful quest.
Inside each box you will find:
- One welcome card: this card will introduce you to the deck and help you get started using them in diverse settings with children ages 2 and up.
- One ideas card: this card shares five fun ways children and adults can use these cards for reflection, connection and enhancing emotional literacy in play. Use these ideas or get creative and forge your own path!
- Sixty emotions cards (30 different emotions with twice the fun)
These 4×6 inch cards are so versatile and can fit into a small backpack, diaper bag or small purse. You can use them:
- during family game nights
- at the dining room table or living room floor
- in classrooms
- while traveling and on car rides
- during parties, gatherings and sleepovers
My little girls have enjoyed exploring the Emotion-ful Connection Cards. Such cute illustrations! My 4yo can’t read yet, so she memorized all the emotions and quizzes everyone, using the cards with a “Would You Rather?” game! So fun to watch her learn, and great practice at identifying emotions! (I may have also used the cards on my husband when he came home grumpy from work ;))
These cards are simply beautiful, to start. And they truly illustrate the emotions in a way that gave me words to talk about them to my 3 and 4 year old students. We are just starting to use them, but we used them as discussion starters – why do you think this animal feels this way? What makes you feel that way? We talked about emotions that I never would have thought to introduce to my young people, but even if they did not yet have a word for the feeling, they sure have had the feelings! I can’t wait to see what we do with them next!
We absolutely love these cards and the intention behind them:)
Such a playful and safe way to talk about our feelings with children of all ages- I love kristin’s Message and passion in supporting social emotional wellbeing in children both young in age and at heart- thank you for all you do